Terms & conditions
Bolton Start Well is a service provided by Bolton Council.
We do not collect personal data about people who browse this website, unless you voluntarily submit your personal details to us via a form or email or accept an invitation to register.
- we will process your personal data within the terms of the Data Protection and Freedom of Information Act the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 and other relevant legislation.
- we will indicate why we are collecting the data.
- we will only use the data for the purpose for which it has been collected.
- we will only share the data with other organisations if it is stated at the point of collecting the data or if required by law or in order to carry out local authority functions in line with the Data Protection Act.
- we will not use your data for marketing products or services to you without your consent.
- we will keep your data for the minimum time necessary.
- we will respect your rights under the Data Protection Act to access the data we hold about you.
- we will keep your personal data securely.
- we use a cookie to collect IP address information purely for statistical purposes, in order to monitor the usage of our website. This does not identify you as individual.
When we collect your personal data, we will provide you with how we use your information for each service.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small data files stored by your browser on your computer.
They improve things by:
- remembering settings.
- remembering information you’ve given.
- measuring how you use the website so we can make sure it meets your needs.
- allowing us to gather analytics to improve the website.
- recording your learning progress, e.g. courses you have started/completed.
Video courtesy of the direct.gov website.
Cookies on e-learning.boltonstartwell.org.uk, boltonstartwell.org.uk, bolton.gov.uk and from other organisations and social networking websites
Some cookies are not related to bolton.gov.uk. This happens when you visit a page with content inserted from a third party.
We currently embed videos, links or widgets from the following social networking sites:
- YouTube videos – more information about embedding videos
These websites may place cookies on your computer either when you access certain functionality or a page. There may be links to other websites or web pages within the e-learning content. You should be able to find the cookie policies for each link when you visit the website.
How to opt out of using cookies
You can opt out of using cookies altogether. If you do choose to delete our cookies or disable future cookies you may not be able to access certain areas or features of our site. If you do decide to disable cookies, you can re-enable them at any time.
You can learn more about cookies and how to manage them by visiting the Information Commissioner's Office website.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
All content within this website is the copyright of Bolton Council unless otherwise stated. If you wish to use any content within the website, other than for personal purposes by undertaking courses within it, you must seek our permission first.
Whilst every care has been taken in compilation of information, Bolton Council cannot guarantee its accuracy and will not be liable for any loss, damage or inconvenience caused as a result of using these pages. The information provided by this website is for general guidance only.
These pages also contain links to other sites which are not in any way endorsed by Bolton Start Well and/or Bolton Council. We will not be liable for any loss damage or inconvenience caused as a result of using these links.
In using the Bolton Start Well e-learning website, you will be deemed to accept these terms.